We are hiring!
Are you looking for a seasonal opportunity in the Glacier National Park area with the possibility of year-round employment? Our year-round lodging facility is located 8 miles from the West Entrance to Glacier National Park.
Receptionist (Seasonal, May 1st thru September 30th, 2 x part-time positions with potential for more hours in other disciplines)
We pride ourselves on our hospitality and standard of service. Our goal is to make each individual guest feel right at home. Our Front Desk staff meet and greet all our guests at point of booking and welcome them to the lodge at check in. Front Desk staff are also expected to serve specialty coffee at our espresso bar. If you think you have what it takes to provide our guests with an outstanding vacation experience and you fit the profile below, give us a call and we’ll tell you more and take your details!
Duties to include:
- handling guest enquiries on phone and face-to-face
- taking bookings using our computerised reservation system
- general office duties
- check in/check out
The ideal candidate must have:
- 2 years computer experience
- minimum High School Diploma or GED
- excellent multi-tasking skills
- excellent customer service skills (in person and over the telephone)
- experience of working in a busy, high stress environment (preferred not essential)
- good knowledge of Glacier National Park and surrounding area (preferred, but training will be given)
This position is seasonal, May 1 thru September 30 at 30-40 hours per week. Wage dependent on level of education/experience.
Housekeeping (Seasonal, May 1st thru September 30th, 2 x Full-time, 1 x Part-time positions)
Have you seen our tripadvisor reviews commenting on the cleanliness of our cabins? Do you take a pride in your work and pay attention to detail? If so, we need YOU to help our guests feel able to relax and enjoy their vacation. As one of our stellar housekeeping team you will be part of a team responsible for the cleanliness of all cabins/rooms on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate for this position must:
- be able to lift 50lbs and be able to stand for up to 10 hours
- have one year housekeeping experience (preferred, but willing to train the right person)
- be a team player
- be willing to take a flexible approach to hours/scheduling
This is a seasonal position, May 1 thru September 30 at 30-40 hours per week. Wage dependent on experience.
Bartender (Seasonal, May 1st thru September 30th, 1 x Full-time position)
Reporting to the Front Desk Reception Manager, our bartenders are expected to be attentive to guest needs while accurately mixing and serving beverages.
Duties to include:
Greet customers and take beverage orders from the restaurant servers or directly from guests.
Mix drinks, cocktails and other beverages as ordered.
Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
Handle an assigned house bank and follow all cash handling procedures.
Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
Ensure that the bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for mixing beverages and serving guests.
Serve snacks or food items to guests seated at the bar where appropriate.
Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
Maintain a clean working area as needed.
Provide guidance to guests on activities, dining options and general local information.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
AACEA Alcohol Server Training preferred but training will be given.
Previous bartending experience preferred.
Excellent oral communication skills required.
Positive interpersonal skills required.
This position is seasonal, May 1 thru September 30 at 30-40 hours per week. Wage dependent on experience.
Maintenance Person (1 x Part-time position)
Part-time, seasonal position for experienced person to help keep the lodge looking good and running smoothly!
A maintenance person has to perform various tasks like general maintenance, preventive and emergency maintenance of the Lodge, cabins and surrounding buildings. Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and have good written and verbal communication skills. This position is responsible for maintaining the grounds, rooms/cabins, vehicles and other machinery. Prefer experience with plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work. Knowledge of engine mechanics is a plus.
One position is available, May 1 thru September, 30 hours per week and reports to the Maintenance Manager. Wage is dependent on experience.
Duties to include:
Collect and take garbage to the local green box site
Keep up the general appearance of the property
General property maintenance
Skills required by Lodge maintenance personnel are as follows:
- Operational skills: High amount operational skills are required to know all types of maintenance jobs like repairing, working of equipment, engineering work etc.
- Customer service skills: Lodge maintenance is all about providing high amount of quality to its customers.
- Interpersonal skills: A Lodge maintenance person should have good interpersonal skills as he/she deals with superiors, colleagues and different kinds of customers.
- Scheduling and planning skills: A maintenance person has to perform a number of jobs at a time thus planning and scheduling is a must.
We take the security and well being of our guests VERY seriously and all applicants should be prepared to have a full criminal background check performed. Also note: we are a drug-free facility.