Here at the Historic Tamarack Lodge and Cabins we take our role as caretakers of the environment very seriously. In order to reduce the impact of our business on the environment we reduce, reuse and recycle our resources wherever we see an opportunity to do so.
The lodge itself is heated by a geothermal source and lit by energy efficient bulbs. We use microfibre cloths and non-chemical products wherever possible when housekeeping, and we recycle our used pillows and bedding by donating them to the local animal shelters. Soap dispensers have been installed in all our accommodations to reduce wastage.
Here’s how you can help:
- Please use the recycling bins located at various points on our property;
- Our housekeepers will visit your accommodation daily to replace used towels, empty your trash and restock your coffee and will conduct a full clean on Day 3 of your stay with us. If you do NOT require housekeeping, please place the sign provided on the outside doorknob of your accommodation;
- If you think your towels can be used again, please re-use them;
- Ensure any trash leftover from grilling or picnics is disposed of appropriately;
- Do not feed the wildlife;
We appreciate you choosing us as your Glacier National Park lodging and thank you for partnering with us to ensure we keep the Glacier National Park area pristine wilderness for generations to come.