Welcome to the Historic Tamarack Lodge and Cabins!
We look forward to meeting you and to ensuring your needs are met for a great stay with us. Please review your booking details to ensure we have your correct arrival and departure dates, cabin preferred lodging option and contact details.
Check-in time is 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM during June – September and 3:00 to 7:00 PM October – May. Please notify us if you anticipate a late check in so we can accommodate your needs.
As much as we hate to see you leave, check-out is 10:00 AM. Depending on the day’s schedule, later check outs may be accommodated if requested. However, unarranged late check-outs will be charged 50% of the next night’s rate. Guests will be escorted off the property if occupying a room past 1pm.
As a courtesy to all of our guests we do not allow smoking or pets inside our rooms and cabins. Smoking areas have been established on property.
Pets ARE allowed on property on a leash but we sincerely regret that they cannot be brought into the rooms. Guests found to have had pets in their cabin/room will be charged a minimum of $100 for additional cleaning. Dog owners should also be aware that Glacier National Park does NOT allow pets on the trails systems for reasons of wildlife conservation. However, there are many trails within the Flathead National Forest where dogs are free to roam.
We’d like to take this opportunity to remind you that 50% of total reservation is charged at time of booking as a non-refundable deposit. 100% of your reservation is charged if cancelled within 7 days of arrival. If rooms are available we are willing and able to make changes to your reservation up to the day of arrival without additional charges.
All our guests are welcome to enjoy the ambiance of the lodge itself. Feel free to browse our library and selection of maps. Visit our plan your stay pages for helpful advice to plan your stay, driving directions, and deals and specials on local activities such as whitewater rafting and horseback riding.
Our Espresso Bar is now serving a selection of pastries and Montana Coffee Traders specialty coffee. We also offer a gift shop within the lodge to ensure you have a special treasure from your travels! Oso’s Smokin’ BBQ serves dinner 7 days a week from 5:30pm-9:30pm.
Our staff are ready to assist you in any way they can. Please contact us if you have any questions and we hope you enjoy your stay!
- From June 15th – September 31st the lodge is open from 7:00am -10pm.
- From October 1st – May 31st opening hours are 9:00am to 10:00am and 3:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult whilst in the lodge.
- We are animal lovers, but adopt a No Pet Policy at the Historic Tamarack Lodge ( a minimum of $100 will be charged for guests not adhering to this policy).
- All Rooms are Non-Smoking. Smoking areas have been established.
- A 50% Non-Refundable deposit is taken at time of booking a reservation.
- If you cancel your stay within 7 days of arrival, 100% is charged.
- Summer check in is 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Late check-ins must have approval prior to arrival.
- Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. Late check outs can be arranged in advance, but a fee will be charged for late checkouts that are not pre-arranged).
- Lost room keys will be charged $250 to cover the cost of lock replacement.